Honor classes are designed to be more challenging than our standard college-prep courses and help prepare our freshmen students for AP classes.
Each year we offer 10 AP courses to students who have developed the required skills and shown the desire to undertake challenging college-level material. All students who take an AP course pay for and take an external AP exam administered by the College Board in May. Students who receive passing scores on the AP exams are awarded freshmen credit at a vast majority of U.S. universities and many others worldwide.
The AP International Diploma (APID) is a globally recognized certificate awarded to students who display exceptional achievement
across a variety of disciplines. Available to international students attending secondary schools outside the U.S. and to U.S. high school students applying to universities outside the country, the APID certifies outstanding academic excellence with a global perspective. (But it's not a substitute for a high school diploma.)For more information visit the website: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/exam-administration-ordering-scores/scores/awards/international-diploma.
AP Capstone™ is a diploma program from the College Board. It’s based on two year-long AP courses: AP Seminar and AP Research. These courses develop students’ skills in research, analysis, evidence-based arguments, collaboration, writing, and presenting. Students who complete the two-year program can earn one of two different AP Capstone awards, which are valued by colleges across the United States and around the world. For more information visit the website: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/ap-capstone.
“Success” on an AP Exam is defined as an exam score of 3 or higher, which represents the score point that research finds predictive of college success and college graduation.
ASJ ADVANCED PLACEMENT AWARD
. . .
- More than five hundred of our students have taken Honors-AP courses
- We have offered more than 10 AP Courses
- We are the second school in Latin America accredited to teach the Capstone Program
- We have earned for four years in a row AP® Computer Science Female Diversity Award
- Our School have earned the AP® Computer Science Female Diversity Award out of 20,000 institutions that offer AP Courses around the world, and is one only 600 to be recognized for achieving this important result in AP Computer Science Principles
- Our AP Computer Science Principles is a Global Teacher Prize AMBASSADOR of the Varkey Foundation, and Hundred Ambassador
- Our Honors-AP teaching team has two majors or master’s degrees in Education
- Our Honors-AP teaching team is continuously trained by College Board